Sanborn Fire Map showing the structures on the grounds of the Provincial Convent of the Good Shepherd. This image is from the digitized volume in the Ohio Web Library. The print volume includes more detail, including color-coding that does not appear in microfilm or digital editions, as well as pasted-on updates for some locations. In 2021, the Cincinnati History Library and Archives at the Cincinnati Museum Center (http://library.cincymuseum.org/) is one of the few libraries that still retains the print volumes.
Views of Mary, the Shepherdess for Christ stained glass window installed in chapel at Pelletier Hall retirement home, Fort Thomas, KY. Originally installed in Girls' Town chapel, Carthage (Cincinnati), OH. Three photos are of the full window. One photo shows detail of sheep and flowers. In 2017 the window was moved to Good Shepherd Catholic Church, Montgomery, OH (see https://sistersofthegoodshepherd.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Items-of-Interest_February-2017.pdf)
Views of Good Shepherd stained glass window installed in chapel at Pelletier Hall retirement home, Fort Thomas, KY. Originally installed in Girls' Town chapel, Carthage (Cincinnati), OH. Three photos are of the full window. One photo shows detail of Jesus' face. One photo shows detail of sheep in lower left corner of the window. In 2017 the window was moved to Good Shepherd Catholic Church, Montgomery, OH (see https://sistersofthegoodshepherd.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Items-of-Interest_February-2017.pdf)
Christmas card letter, 12 leaves. Colored illustration on cover that reads Seasons Greetings, Provincial Convent of the Good Shepherd, Carthage, Ohio, followed by 11 typescript pages describing events and activities of the past year
Advertisement, Sisters of the Good Shepherd, published in America (magazine), Advertisement, Sisters of the Good Shepherd, published in America, Apr 23, 1960; May 20, 1961; Sep 16, 1961; Nov 11, 1961; Jan 20, 1962. Source: ProQuest Religious Magazine Archive pg. 12, 178, 301, 544, 726.
Aerial view of festival on grounds of Girls' Town, Carthage, OH. Undated; St. Xavier High School is absent across the street (first festival was in 1945, and St. Xavier High School was built in 1959-60)
Printed flyer advertising Girls' Town 5th Annual Victory Festival, Sunday, July 10, 1949. Blue and red ink on white paper with images of 2 cars to be given away. Possibly part of three piece mailing with Girls' Town Needs Your Help! flyer and Dear Friend, Girls' Town of America bids you a hearty welcome to join its Festival letter
Caption: The novice becomes a nun at the end of 2 1/2 years. Her vows of poverty, chastity, obedience and zeal for souls become perpetual vows three years later. Here Msgr. Markham, representing the Bishop of the diocese, crowns her with roses, symbol of "a crown of glory in Heaven."
Caption: "She receives the white habit of the order of the Good Shepherd when she becomes a novice. The provincial of the convent, Mother Mary of St. Sylvester, hears her first vows and Msgr. Markham gives his blessing as the young novice intones the centuries-old chant of her order."
Caption: The ceremony which follows is the most impressive of her training period. She wears a white veil and becomes a "Bride of Christ." Msgr. R. J. Markham hands her a candle and says: "Receive my daughter this external light, symbol of celestial light."