Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd of Angers
In 1828 the superior from the house at Tours, Sr. Mary Euphrasia Pelletier, founded a new house at Angers at the request of the Bishop. It was funded by a bequest from the Comtesse de Neuville. Sr. Mary Euphrasia obtained permission from Rome to found the congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd there, and in 1835 became the first Superior General.
Both Jean Eudes and Mary Euphrasia Pelletier were later canonized, in 1925 and 1940, respectively.